Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Sitting on my cement porch gazing at my backyard I noticed my view is a brick house behind me and my fence.  With only nineteen days left before closing I reflect that the brick wall will no longer be in my eyes view. A new view is on the horizon for me, and my family.  Later this evening I took a hot bath with bath salts and lavender oil, a glass of wine and some Henry David Thoreau in my hand. I am currently reading Walden and Civil Disobedience and it totally fits my life right now. His journey into the real is a resemblance of ours at this time.  He says " I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not , when I came to die, discovery that I have not lived." A natural life is calling to us,working our land, keeping our home, teaching our children, and truly living.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Realness.... lovely :) xo