Sunday, December 02, 2012

If at first you don't succeed...

There are some things I have yet to perfect that are homemade. Pancake mix and Fried Chicken are two of them. Bisquick makes such amazing pancakes! How can I compete? I have tried several recipes and they always turn out super heavy, more like a brick than a pancake.  I want that fluffy goodness!!!!  I always ruin my fried chicken, its either super burnt on the outside and raw inside or mushy outside and cooked inside. I cannot win. I want to make crispy, golden, Paula Dean level fried chicken!  Today I tried a new recipe for my pancakes and OMG I did it! It does need tweaking (it did not make enough so I need to double it) but fluffy, sweet but not too sweet, flavorful, and golden! I am going to share the recipe. No photos this time.

Now if I could find that right fried chicken recipe.


1 cup of flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup of milk
4 tablespoons of butter
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon of sugar


First sift together all your dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle. In another bowl mix the egg yolks  , some of the milk (a little over half) and the butter.  In your mixer add the egg whites and sugar. Whip until it gets light and fluffy, add remaining milk and mix. Add your white mixture to the rest of your pancake mix by folding it in.  And there you go!  The kids wanted chocolate chips in theirs but you can leave them plan or add berries!




No comments: