Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Life is forever changing

For years now I have gone back and forth about going back to school. I never finished high school but do have my GED (good enough diploma). My children are getting older and I may want to go back to work some day or even go back to work soon part time however living out here and not have a degree has seemed to be a stop to that. I have tried opening my own business and that never took off, I do write from time to time but it never pays, I have tried child care in the past but honestly I am getting to old for that lol, so what do I want to do and how can I learn how to do it in a short period of time.

One of our local colleges offers a nursing program that is only 2.5 years part time. With a nursing degree I can do many things, work with newborns, work in an senior living center, the hospitals, doctors offices, schools, do home healthcare, management, and the list goes on. I had thought about teaching and social work but both of those fields require a BA and the jobs are hard to find.  So nursing it is!

I started some courses that I need in order to get into nursing school. Aglebra 1 , Biology, and Chemistry. Thank God I have a soon to be 14 year old son who can help me! I am excited but nervous at the same time. I think its a great choice and we will benefit from it as a family later.  Just another road in my journey!

No comments: